How do I move my site from my old host to your servers? (Views: 1031)
Transferring your account to Umbrella Host can be an easy process with zero downtime if done...
A web host has to make a profit to continue operating. Some web hosts do not properly understand the market, and may be pricing themselves too cheap. At times you will come across deals that are almost too good to be true - cheap web hosting with amazing features! There are web hosts that while offering cheap prices do back that up with excellent performance and service, but there are things to be noted:
1. Look very closely to what is written in their terms of service (TOS) and acceptable use policy (AUP) documents.
2. The quality of bandwidth and the overall performance. Some web hosts scrimp on these to give you cheaper prices. Do a self test - visit the host's website multiple times in a day to see that it remains fast loading.
3. In general, Windows Hosting is more expensive than Unix hosting.
4. Test out the support, and take a look over the online documentation. If you are paying less than £1.50 a month (which is roughly 5 pence a day), do not expect to receive an answer right after email the host. Many hosts now offer flash tutorials online which can be an excellent way to learn how a feature works.
6. Do some research - visit Google and WebHostingTalk and look up feedback on a host.
Just because a web host is cheap does not mean that you will receive 'cheap' service, but you must be careful.
We aim to give you the lowest possible prices for your Web Hosting, Servers & VPS packages and Domain Registrations. We don't have expensive call centres, so we can pass on these savings to you - making our hosting incredibly good value!
Looking to move to Umbrella Host? Need some sales advice?
Speak to our Sales Department on 0871 8111 507*.
*Please note this line is strictly for sales NO support will be given.
We'd love to help you! Just click here to request support and we'll reply as quickly as possible.